Inoffensive in every region of the world.
Thank you to everyone who has listened to my previous episodes. This is the final episode in the Infosec Podcasts series.
I listen to many, MANY podcasts. The vast majority of these are related to information security.
Because there are so many podcasts to list, I have broken them down into 6 different episodes based on topics:
- Part 1 - News & Current Events - Episode 3324
- Part 2 - General Information Security - Episode 3334
- Part 3 - Career & Personal Development - Episode 3344
- Part 4 - Social Engineering - Episode 3368
- Part 5 - Episode 3387
- Hacks & Attacks
- Technical Information & Learning
- Infosec Community / Social / History
- Part 6 - Infosec Leadership
- Pronounced SEE-so or SAI-so
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Sounds like executive leadership position, similar to Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Chief Financial Officer (CFO), etc but this is often not the case
Security leadership is changing
- Experienced technologists (Usually old white guys) worked way up ranks
- Usually reported through IT (CIO/CTO)
- Department of "No" - Block everything bad
- Slows down business
- Experienced business professionals with leadership skills and security understanding
- Can report through:
- IT (CIO/CTO)
- Legal (For compliance reasons)
- Finance (CFO) for governance or compliance reasons
- Financial impacts of attacks
- Direct costs
- CEO - Seat at the table with other C-level execs
- Direct to board
- Empowers the business to succeed in a secure way
- Can still slow down the business, but only when needed
- Brakes on a race car
Infosec Leadership Podcasts
- CISO Tradecraft - G Mark Hardy (Weekly)
- Discussion of topics related to becoming a CISO or maturing as a CISO
- CISO Vendor Relationship Podcast - David Spark & Guests (Weekly)
- Weekly podcast addressing the challenges experienced by both security professionals and the vendors with whom they interact.
- CISO Talks (Weekly)
- The talk show series with discussions of current trends in the world of information security with CISOs on the front line.
- CISO Talk - James Azar (Weekly)
- Presents the CISO view on cybersecurity, talent development, technology, leadership and much more.
- The Cyber Ranch Podcast - Allan Alford & Hobby Valley Studios (Weekly)
- Interviews with security leaders discussing relevant topics
- CISO's Secrets - Currently hosted by Grant Asplund and sponsored by Checkpoint
- Interviews with security leaders across a wide range of industries
- Addresses real issues facing security professionals and businesses
- CISO Stories - Hosted by Todd Fitzgerald and Sam Curry and part of the Security Weekly family of podcasts
- Based originally on interviews with security leaders who contributed to the book "CISO COMPASS: Navigating Cybersecurity Leadership Challenges with Insights from Pioneers"
- Episodes are usually only about 20 minutes
- The New CISO - Hosted by Exabeam's Chief Security Strategist, Steve Moore and Sponsored by Exabeam
- Interviews with industry leading and visionary security leaders
- How do lead security teams and business
- Interacting with business leaders
That wraps up this series. I welcome any feedback you might have in the comments section for this episode on the HPR site.
Thank you very much for listening.